Fall Ball Q&A (To Be Revised)
1) WHO SHOULD I CONTACT IF I HAVE QUESTIONS?
eague President Mark Ciafardo
2) HOW OLD MUST MY DAUGHTER BE TO PLAY?
Your daughter must be in Kindergarten or older.
3) WHAT ARE THE AGE GROUPS/DIVISIONS?
We will build teams based on enrollment - there is no guarantee we will field teams for all divisions within each age group.
4) HOW ARE TEAMS SELECTED?
In Late-August, once registration is completed, the fall ball committee will meet to divide girls up first by age group, and then by division. You will be notified in late August.
5) CAN MY DAUGHTER BE ON A TEAM WITH HER SISTER OR HER FRIENDS?
We will make every attempt to fulfill friend requests in the Rec divisions. Sisters in the same division will be placed on the same team unless you request differently.
6) MY DAUGHTER HAS NEVER PLAYED BEFORE. DOES SHE NEED TO HAVE EXPERIENCE PLAYING SOFTBALL TO REGISTER?
We welcome girls at all age and ability levels.
7) WHAT IF WE DON'T LIVE IN BETHLEHEM?
The majority of girls are from the towns of Bethlehem and Ravena, but any girl residing in Albany County is eligible to play. In limited instances, we may allow a girl from outside of Albany County to play as well.
8) WHEN IS THE FALL BALL SEASON?
Fall Ball will be played on Saturdays or Sundays in the early September through early October.
9) WHERE, WHEN & WHAT DAYS ARE PRACTICES?
Practices will be held at either the Line Drive or Elm Avenue fields. Since there are only games on Sunday in the fall, there is plenty of practice space. Specifics will be communicated by the team manager.
10) WHERE & WHEN DO WE PLAY GAMES?
Home games are at either Line Drive or Elm Avenue.
Teams will play in the Hudon Mohawk League. Games are played throughout the greater Albany area, typically within a 30-45 minute drive. There may be one Sunday when your daughter plays at our fields at Line Drive.
11) WHAT EQUIPMENT DO I NEED TO PROVIDE?
The league supplies basic equipment including batting helmets, bats, balls and catcher’s gear. However, you may choose to purchase these on your own. Included in the registration fee are: team shirt (for all divisions), ASA registration, insurance, umpire fees, and basic equipment. You will need to provide:
• Softball Glove
• Sliding Shorts (recommended for all age levels)
• Sliding Pads (sliders to protect below the knee)
• For Safety, it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that girls use a mouthguard or facemask
12) ARE THERE ANY SPECIAL TRAINING AND/OR CLINICS?
Not for Fall Ball.
13) HOW CAN I HELP OUT?
There are many ways! Each team needs volunteers and your support is key to ensuring a successful league for the team. Your fees do not pay any salaries – we are all volunteers! Here are positions you may consider:
• Manager: Total administrative and operational responsibility for your team.
• Coach: Primary role is to teach the girls and assist the Manager
• Team Parent: Administrative right arm of the Manager ensuring that non-operational tasks required are supported and that the league communication loop is open to all parents.
• Scorekeeper: Maintain the game records for the team and ensure that the game publicity provides recognition to both individual girls as well as to the team (training available)
• Field Prep: Drawing baselines and equipment set-up/storage (training available)
14) WHAT IS THE REGISTRATION FEE?
15) WHAT IF I WANT A REFUND?
Our goal is to be flexible and fair. Any reasonable situation which arises, we will respond to. We ask for you to understand our needs of a time frame wherein we can fairly respond. Once teams have been formed and uniforms ordered, barring highly unusual or unforeseen circumstances, refunds will not be issued. The deadline to request a refund is August 31.
16) CAN I REGISTER ON-LINE?
Yes - go to on-line registration tab on the main menu. There is no mail-in registration for Fall Ball.